Atascadero News
4401 El Camino Real, Ste. G, Atascadero, CA 93422 • Ph: 805-466-2585 • Fax: 805-466-2714
Current E-Edition

Local News Sports Entertainment Obituaries Opinion Vino Equine Photos Home 

Idealogy trumps decency in healthcare blues

Posted: Wednesday, Oct 30th, 2013

Recently, we survived two weeks with 15 percent of the federal government shutdown (the other 85 percent was up and fully operating) so ponder the results. We now know that this administration has no compunction about causing direct harm to the most defenseless members of our communities such as military widows, orphans and children with cancer.

Just two weeks ago, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D) from Nevada responded to a reporter’s question of why he wouldn’t allow a House Republican bill to fund the National Institute of Health (NIH) to be brought up for a vote by stating, “Why would we do that?” The NIH conducts research and specialized treatment for children with cancer. I guess Sen. Reid believes protecting a partisan political position is more important than doing what most people would believe to be both humanitarian and moral.

For the complete article see the 10-30-2013 issue.

Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 10-30-2013 paper.

Select Page:



Shoppe Hide

Follow Us Hide

Translate Website Hide


Copyright 2017 News Media Corporation

News    Paso Robles    Templeton Life    Vino    Morro Bay Life    Equine    Contact    Subscribe    Real Estate    Business Portal